Black TENCEL™ Lyocell & Organic Cotton Cropped Sweater
Ships in 4-6 business days.
Softer than soft, this sweater is made from TENCEL™ Lyocell & Organic Cotton french terry fabric. Features a slightly cropped silhouette that falls at your natural waist. A versatile piece, this sweater can be worn by itself or layered up.
Ethically made in USA.
SIZE CHART (INCHES)
Composition: 66% TENCEL™ Lyocell, 28% Organic Cotton, 6% Elastane
For this sweater, the TENCEL™ Lyocell / Organic Cotton blend is our fabric of choice. TENCEL™ Lyocell is made from renewable wood sources and organic cotton is grown without harmful chemicals, leaving the soil, air and water free from harmful contaminates.
TENCEL™ Lyocell is known for the following:
- Silky smoothness: creates a pleasant, almost soothing feeling on the skin
- Superior breathability: absorbs and releases moisture efficiently, thus supporting body's natural temperature regulation
- Color vibrancy: smooth surface of fibers allows color dyes to remain deep in the fiber structure, resulting in impressive color brilliance
- Color longevity: significantly less prone to fade, even after repeated washing
Organic cotton is known for the following:
- Maintains all benefits of regular cotton: high durability, comfort, hypoallergenic, moisture control, insulation
- Chemical free: grown and produced without the use of toxic pesticides and synthetic fertilizers
We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this sweater, we use the TENCEL™ Lyocell/Organic Cotton blend as the primary component.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Lyocell:
- TENCEL™ Lyocell is made of celluloise, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Lyocell closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Environment information of Organic Cotton:
- Organic cotton is grown without toxic and persistent pesticides, leaving the soil, air and water free from harmful contaminates (source)
- Production of organic cotton uses 88% less water and 62% less energy compared to conventional cotton (source)