Dark Green BCI Cotton / TENCEL™ Modal A-Line Midi Dress
Size M will ship in 7 - 9 business days.
All remaining sizes will ship in 3-5 business days.
This versatile design accentuates your waist and comes with functional pockets, making it the perfect dress for you to wear for many occasions. Made with environmentally sustainable BCI Cotton / TENCEL™ Modal fabric blend. The top of this dress is lined with thick power mesh for support.
Unsure about the right size? Get our free measurement kit here.
Ethically made in USA.
- If your measurements match our size chart exactly, we recommend you order your size.
- If you still find yourself in-between sizes, we recommend sizing up to ensure best fit.
Composition: BCI cotton (60%), TENCEL™ Modal (40%)
Lining: 86% Recycled Nylon, 14% Elastane
For this A-line dress, the rich TENCEL™ Modal / BCI Cotton blend is our fabric of choice. Derived from natural wood sources, Tencel™ stands out with its luxurious look and feel. On the other hand, organic cotton is considered high end due to its superior comfort and durability when compared to their traditional counterpart.
TENCEL™ Modal is known for the following:
- Silky smoothness: creates a pleasant, almost soothing feeling on the skin
- Superior breathability: absorbs and releases moisture efficiently, thus supporting body's natural temperature regulation
- Color vibrancy: smooth surface of fibers allows color dyes to remain deep in the fiber structure, resulting in impressive color brilliance
- Color longevity: significantly less prone to fade, even after repeated washing
BCI cotton is known for the following:
- Moisture control: transmits moisture away from the body
- Insulation: protects from summer heat or winter cold with thermal insulation
- High Durability: well-known for for its strength, cotton is durable and much less likely to rip or tear
- Hypoallergenic: rarely causes allergic reactions and does not irritate skin
- Comfort: comfortable in both cold and warm temperatures
We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this A-line dress, we use a blend of TENCEL™ Modal and BCI Cotton for the outer layer and recycled nylon for the inner mesh lining as primary components.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Modal:
- TENCEL™ Modal is made of celluloise, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Modal production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Modal closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Ethical information on BCI Cotton:
- BCI (Better Cotton Initiative) brings together farmers, ginners, traders, spinners, mills, retailers, brands, civil society and grassroots organizations in a unique global community committed to developing BCI Cotton as a sustainable mainstream commodity. (source)
- Production of regular cotton is often vulnerable to environmental degradation and poor working conditions. BCI helps farmers grow cotton in a way that reduces stress on the local environment and improves the livelihoods and welfare of farming communities by creating long-term change. (source)
Environmental information on BCI Cotton:
- Uses significantly less water for production (case studies show 40% reduction in water use by farmers in Pakistan and 50% by farmers in India) (source)
- BCI Farmers receive training on how to care for the health of the soil and natural habitats, minimize the impact of harmful crop protection practices, preserve fiber quality and apply decent work principles (source)
Environment information of recycled nylon:
- Recycled nylon diverts waste from landfills and the ocean, since nylon makes up many items such as clothes, packaging, fishing nets, etc. (source)
- Recycled nylon production consumes fewer resources in production than virgin nylon (source)
- Recycled nylon significantly reduces energy and greenhouse gas emissions (source)